Post subject: Re: [anime] watching...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm 

I finally finished the LoGH main series (it took me 1.5 years!) and decided to watch something completely different before I start the Gaiden. :) Since the Ghost in the Shell live action film is in cinemas I felt inspired to rewatch the original animated version, followed by the second film, Innocence, and the series, Stand Alone Complex.

It seems to be a well-known and well-loved franchise, but for those who don't know, it follows the work of a special forces unit it a future in which cyborgisation has become mainstream and cyber-crimes are the biggest concern of governments, corporations and even ordinary citizens.

I finished the first season so far and found it really engaging, with exciting cases and likeable characters. I'm looking forward to getting started on the second season!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:35 am 

I need to rewatch the GitS movie. I only saw it many years ago and, at the time, I didn't care for it. I probably just didn't get it at the time. I saw the show more recently I liked it quite a bit.

Finished Takarajima a little while ago and it was really good. I actually showed quite a bit of it to my parents over Easter weekend and they seemed to really like it as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm 

Driscoll wrote:
I need to rewatch the GitS movie. I only saw it many years ago and, at the time, I didn't care for it. I probably just didn't get it at the time. I saw the show more recently I liked it quite a bit.

Finished Takarajima a little while ago and it was really good. I actually showed quite a bit of it to my parents over Easter weekend and they seemed to really like it as well.

You must have cool parents, Driscoll. I'm jealous. Did you see the live action GitS movie from a year or 2 ago?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:14 am 

i am enjoying some old magical girls - cutey honey, magical emi, and creamy mami. also need to try more of endless orbit ssx (after loving the og harlock!) and the 2nd season (ova?) of dirty pair.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'm currently trying this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-of_6kOLRQ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

TheGay wrote:
(after loving the og harlock!) and the 2nd season (ova?) of dirty pair.

What do you mean by "og harlock"? (I don't know what "og" means).
Dirty Pair: I have only seen the movie and the two stand alone OVA, great as far as I remember :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 pm 

today i am very excited for devilman crybaby! i dont know how to feel about the art style yet, but otherwise i hear its very good; and faithful to the manga, which i loved as absurd as it is :)

charlock wrote:
TheGay wrote:
(after loving the og harlock!) and the 2nd season (ova?) of dirty pair.

What do you mean by "og harlock"? (I don't know what "og" means).
Dirty Pair: I have only seen the movie and the two stand alone OVA, great as far as I remember :)
ah, i mean the 'original' harlock animated series; the first one from 1978. (or at least, i believe its the first!)

and i certainly recommend the 24 episode dirty pair series if you liked those :)