Post subject: Character Sheets
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:55 pm 

This topic is for introducing our characters. Everyone can include as much information as they like, from very basic to very elaborate. I'm curious to get to know these galactic heroes! :)

Post subject: Re: Character Sheets
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm 

Once we begin the RP, everyone should post a separate thread with their character information on it.

I would recommend that we have a default character sheet for people to use. A CS could look like this, for example:
Quote:
Name:

Faction:

Rank: (or position/occupation, if not military character)

Homeworld: (since in canon not many planets are shown, you can make up a planet)

Height:

Weight:

Personality: (describe your character's personality, in one or two paragraphs)

Biography: (describe your character's backstory up until you start RPing them, in two or three paragraphs)

Skills: (describe the skills that your character possesses, such as marksmanship, swordsmanship, medical knowledge, technological expertise, piloting, jazz hands, etc.)

Roleplays: (links to the RP threads the character has been in)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:35 am 

That looks great, @von Radetz. Might we use this as a template of sorts? There may be some adjustments made, but this is a great start.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:21 pm 

I agree! I redid my introduction using this chart (just to keep providing an example of sorts).

One thing I am not sure about is giving every character sheet a separate thread. Would it not be good to have them all in one place?

------------

Name: Heinrich Schmitt

Faction: Galactic Empire

Homeworld: Odin

Height: 1.81 m

Weight: 72 kg

Personality: Heinrich Schmitt is a calm, reserved man. He always takes time to think proposals through thoroughly and look at a situation from all angles before making a decision. It makes him a somewhat unadventurous person, but he is reliable and trustworthy. In combat he is unlikely to strike first and more comfortable with covering his companions' backs. This is not out of cowardice nor out of kindness for the enemy, but rather out of cautiousness. However he would never disobey a direct command.

Biography: He comes from a simple family; most of his relatives are farmers, though there are other soldiers besides him. His father was one of them until he got injured during a routine mission, which rendered him unfit for further service. It was a natural expectation that Heinrich, being the only son, would follow in his footsteps to help maintain the family's improved standard of living. He had no particular desire for a military career, but he did not mind it much either, seeing how many of his peers were joining the military school at the same time.

He graduated with good grades, but without honours. Out in the field he soon showed a surprising aptitude for his new role, particularly as an outstanding support. He was able to reinforce and crucially aid other soldiers on numerous occasions, both in space and on the ground, and slowly but surely rose through the ranks. While he is not as famous and admired as the fiercer military men of his time he still has a good reputation as a fair leader among the soldiers and as a reliable subordinate among his superiors.

Skills: Since his family only changed their lifestyle from farming to more of a middle class standard during his adolescence he wasn't raised to do anything but menial work at first. Most of his finer skills were only acquired during his time in the military school. He knows how to use various firearms as well as rapiers (though he is rusty, not having used the latter ever since finishing school) and is familiar with several kinds of hand-held explosives such as grenades. His medical knowledge is enough to give first aid to an injured person, but he cannot perform even simple operations. He has no piloting skills and very limited technical knowledge, so he is not the person to rely on if a piece of equipment needs to be fixed. While it is not relevant to his career he is a gifted writer and enjoys composing long letters to his parents and sisters as well as poems in his spare time.

Roleplays: n/a

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:37 pm 

Well, no, it would be too clustered, I would imagine. On the RP sites I have been on, everyone posted a separate thread for their character's information.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:44 pm 

Then let's go with that! It's not like we'll run out of thread space. :)